On April 28, 2022, Reply, a company specializing in the design and implementation of new communication channels and solutions based on digital media, opened its new applied research center in Turin, focusing on the development of the most innovative technologies. The state-of-the-art work of Area42 workshops focuses on autonomous warehousing, last mile delivery, robotics, connected products, blockchain and metavers.
The answer is an organization that specializes in consulting, systems integration and digital services, especially the design and implementation of solutions based on new communication channels and digital media. It partners with key industry groups in defining and developing business models made possible by new technologies such as artificial intelligence, big data, cloud computing, the Internet of Things and mobile and social networks.
Answer Experts work on these technologies every day, turning ideas into innovative prototypes, exploiting their full potential, and applying them to actual industrial applications. In addition to Area42, the group has 3 research centers in Italy and 2 in Germany
- The Test Automation CenterFocus on automated quality monitoring and testing of business-critical products and services;
- I ‘The IoT validation lab, where interconnected solutions are verified and then integrated into the new headquarters north of Turin, giving birth to the most advanced laboratory clusters in the industrial sector;
- I ‘Area 360The Milan-based Augmented and Virtual Reality Center, which was created to support companies;
- I ‘Immersive Experience Lab In Munich, which provides an immersive experience for the next generation;
- The Cyber Security Lab Colon, focusing on cyber threat studies and testing;
New laboratories dedicated to robotics, advanced computing and sensitive technology will soon be launched in London.
New Aera42 Center
Area42 is a laboratory for transforming creative ideas into reality using the most advanced technology possibilities in robotics, advanced mobility and virtual reality.
Install Area42 in a historic building in Turin covering an area of more than 20,000 square meters. Each workspace has been completely reformed and optimized to favor a more open and collaborative approach. Its experts will assist its customers in experimenting, giving birth to new ideas and testing the latest technology.
Northern CEO Tatiana Regente says:
“We are investing heavily in Turin, combining hardware and digital. But our offices are also a new way to get to work, much wider outside of Italy, but with the changes that have been made since Covid. We have moved away from large open spaces, but the spaces are also very flexible and temporary in their use, also due to the increasingly extensive remote work. And there is no shortage of space for social communication. We care a lot about human relationships, but also about health and soon we will have a gym, terrace for outdoor moments, yoga activities and even a kitchen for those who want to cook on site. A
Six Area42 Laboratories are dedicated to the most advanced themes of innovation for the industrial world:
- Autonomous warehouse : In this laboratory, solutions for autonomous management of warehouse activities are studied and developed through the use of drones and autonomous vehicles capable of interfering with innovative warehouse management platforms such as LEA North;
- Last mile delivery : Last Mile Delivery Laboratory is able to communicate with their immediate environment in confined spaces (campus, hospital, factory, etc.) focusing on the mobility of autonomous vehicles and robots;
- Robotics : The laboratory combines artificial intelligence technology with robotics to study the dynamics of autonomous robots and to use scenarios centered on interactions between them and the larger environment, requiring repetitive maintenance and control activities;
- Connected products : Design and development laboratories for connected products and services, including support for IoT accelerators, ranging from device prototyping to building front-end applications;
- Blockchain : In the context of the growing evolution of smart city concepts and shared mobility, this Area42 laboratory is experimenting with the application of blockchain technology to enable real situations based on the digital identity of vehicles;
- Metaverse : Area42’s lab focuses on the application and integration of mixed reality solutions to create immersive applications in virtual environments, where users can enter and move and where virtual and physical objects can coexist.
Filippo Regante, North’s technical director, concludes:
“Area42 laboratories represent a unique universe in the current technological landscape. Here, we bring new and innovative ideas to life and apply the latest technology to provide solutions capable of creating value for business and for society as a whole. We test and apply innovative ideas that have strategic implications and create competitive advantage for our clients. Our work focuses on six key thematic themes, but technological advances continue to force us to move forward in line with the North’s vision and mission: to prepare for the future and to make it a reality. A