Why should a baby wash his hands?
If the little ones first discover the world around them with their eyes, they do not miss a single second to touch everything with their little hands, which they often bring in their mouths. Hand washing is an essential hygiene gesture. She Get rid of germs and viruses Avoid infecting people or other objects. Wash the hands of small children Such as preventing the development of colds or flu, for example. In fact, by touching his nose or coughing in his hand, the small child will spread the germs in the form of micro droplets or mucus, contact with any person or object will be enough to contaminate them.
At what age should a child be taught to wash their hands?
From 15-18 months, You can start teaching your child to wash their hands like adults. In the beginning, teach him the right gestures and do them yourself. Explain to your child that he must first soak his hands in running water (cold or hot water, it doesn’t matter, as long as you soap his hands properly the effectiveness is equal). Then, remove his hand from the water and whisk up to the wrist with a sufficient amount of liquid or hard soap. Teach him to rub gently on the back and palms of his hands without forgetting between his fingers and nails. Soap, like a brave guardian fighting against bad bacteria, must be found in every corner ). Then wash well and dry your hands with a towel.
There are many practical accessories like nail brush or school soap that make it easy to handle. You can arrange a place at the height of the baby like the one found in Maria Montessori pedagogy. These learning sinks are now commercially available, but you can also create one with a bedside table and a basin, for example.
How many times a day do children have to wash their hands?
Children’s hand washing should be systematic:
- Just before meals: breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner. Babies often touch their food with their fingers (and what a joy to discover food in this way!), And it is advisable to wash their hands after eating.
- Before and especially after going to the ribbon or toilet. Even if the child still cannot wipe himself, it is best to teach him early in the toilet training.
- Before and after the change, especially for children who like to touch everything around the change table.
- After school, after a trip to the park or taking public transport … After going out, as soon as the child comes home, going through the “hand cleaning” box will definitely become a reflection.
- A cat, a dog, a hamster … any pet to play with and after the pet.
- If you have a regular sick family member at home all day.
How long should baby hand washing last?
Teach your child to wash their hands from an early age Duration of 20 to 30 seconds. To make the moment more fun and make sure the washing is done on time, you can teach him to sing a small nursery rhyme (like three little bears by the river) or repeat some funny words to him. Bar, for the duration of this wash time.
Can I wash my child’s hands with hydraulic gel?
In recent years it has often been used to clean the hands of adults but also of children, the hydroalcoholic gel frees germs but does not replace hand washing with soap and water. This gel should not be used for children under 3 years of age and should only be used for older children. Wherever you go you can equip yourself with water bottles and soap in a changeable bag for possible hand washing.
- Natural Baby Hygiene: Good Or Bad Ideas For Learning To Clean?
- According to Michelle Sims, baby washing products should be avoided