Metaverse for All is followed by Metaverse for Kids which has advantages as well as disadvantages. Some companies are starting to position themselves as the best virtual reality providers for children. Of course, their efforts are commendable, but we do not know that the universe is in danger. One of the purposes of this article is to raise awareness of the shared responsibility between parents and promoters of Metavers for children.
Invented by Neil Stephenson, author of “Snow Crash” (1992), The term “metavers” refers to a virtual reality environment. Since it is connected to the Internet, you can access it anywhere and anytime from a computer or smartphone.
There are some similarities between Stephenson’s imagination and the metavars we now know. Other than that the patchwork of the online virtual world that works as ours Patronage environment Still in his childhood. But that doesn’t stop people and businesses from engaging in metavars, if they do Buy virtual real estate, play games or even train soldiers.
Represents the metaverse for children Infinite possibilities Of:
- Learning new skills;
- Play online games alone or with friends;
- Taking virtual courses on educational platforms;
Here, we can cite the example of Minecraft which introduced some concepts of children’s culture through adequate learning environment. Soon, the Epic Games and Lego pairing will be a hit among the youth
But the child is metavars It has its drawbacks. Citation only:
- Cyber bullying;
- Spreading inappropriate content.
So it is up to parents and educators to help children navigate safely in the metavars for children.
Some experts are optimistic about the effects of metavars on children. In the meantime, Social networks land with a lot of misfortune : Depression, self-harm, mental health problems, etc. Kid metavers can be worse than them.
However, a study conducted by the University of Southern California on gambling contradicts these claims. In fact, it determines that Games and virtual reality promote empathy and have a positive effect on mental health. Of course provided that they are used properly.
The only problem is that companies that ignore user safety seem to be back on Metaverse. Most likely these same actors will continue their old practice in this new virtual reality. And hello loneliness, the massive flow of dangerous content … and why not suicide.
The Kids Metavers Embark Several benefitsTo know:
- To grasp abstract ideas in an engaging way;
- Access to nearby real-life experiences to help children better understand their environment and how it works;
- Improve children’s social skills;
- Providing a safe and controlled environment for communication and friendship;
- The existence of a springboard for creativity and the development of children’s social intelligence;
- Metavers as a source of entertainment;
- Bonds between parents and children;
It is up to the parents, however, to be aware of the potential dangers and to do so Take the necessary steps to ensure the safety of their children. In this way, children’s metavars will become an ideal place for children to explore and learn.
Of course, there is the power of metaverse for children, but there it is His weak point. We will specifically cite:
- Cyber bullying (often a source of harassment for children);
- Lack of privacy and privacy issues;
- Inappropriate content (violence, sexual content, hate speech, etc.);
- Creating a dependency in the child which is due to its extremely immersive and attractive nature;
- Physiological and physiological risks associated with children’s metavers due to intensive use of VR headsets (dizziness, nausea, headache, etc.);
- Unequal access which will create educational difficulties for the less affluent;
To make it work, Parents are advised to closely monitor the activities of their children in Metavers. So here are a few things to consider:
- Intense observation of their online activities, what they see and do in the children’s metavers;
- Establishing clear guidelines for the definition of rules and the use of metavers in advance (even if it means that they are later amended);
- Advice on how to behave when interacting with other people once online (including encouraging them to be polite and considerate);
- Assist in optimized time management for virtual world and real world;
Also Manufacturers and companies have to share their responsibilities. Of course, expecting a lot from them may seem unrealistic, but they need to consider the following parameters:
- Content moderation;
- Reporting and Suppression of Misconduct, including clear procedures for dealing with such reports;
- Design of VR devices and metavers systems adapted to children’s comfort and well-being;
- Integrating anti-virus software (including but not limited to password protection and encryption) into VR devices and metavers platforms for children;
When we speak of children, and of metavers for children, we cannot avoid the question of protection and parental responsibility. However, this responsibility must be shared with technology companies. Because children ignore the dangers they face when using their platforms and their devices, they will inevitably lose customers.
Get a digest of news in the world of cryptocurrency by subscribing to our new daily and weekly newsletter services so you don’t miss any of the essential CoinTribune!
Blockchain and crypto revolution is going on! And the day the effects will be felt in the world’s weakest economy, contrary to all expectations, I would say I had something to do with it.