Apple iPhone comes with all the latest hardware and features. However, many iPhone users may complain that their phones are slowing down and running out of storage space. This is mainly because their iPhones are cluttered with unwanted files and apps. So it is always good to clear your iPhone cache after some time. But how do you do that? Does the iPhone have this feature like other Android smartphones? IPhones don’t usually require a lot of maintenance, but they do require a little cleaning routine to run at optimal speeds. In this article, we are going to tell you different ways to easily clear your iPhone cache, which will help you to run it faster and save your storage space.
Also read: How To Record Calls On iPhone: 3 Proven Methods
Clearing the browser cache on your iPhone can really help speed it up. Browsers take up a significant amount of storage to store all cookies, history, website data, etc. If you don’t clear the browser’s cache for a long time, it can store a lot of data, which can eventually slow down your iPhone.
Safari is the default browser available on the iPhone. Apple has introduced a new feature with iOS 11 that lets you clear the Safari cache from all devices at once. With it, you can clear not only your iPhone cache, but also your Apple products. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and scroll down to find the Safari app.
- Click on it and scroll to the Privacy and Security options. Just below, you’ll find the Clear History and Website Data option.
- Tap it and click Clear History and Data.
This will allow you to clear all caches and websites from the Safari browser.
Google Chrome is probably one of the most popular browsers we use on almost all smartphones, including the iPhone. Google also lets you clear your iPhone’s cache. Here’s how:
Open the Google Chrome app on your iPhone and tap the three dots at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap the Settings option and then scroll to Privacy.
- Tap Privacy and you’ll see the Clear Browsing Data option. Press it.
- One can select time limits including last hour, last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 4 weeks and all time.
- One can select browsing history, saved passwords and autofill data as well as cookies, site data and cached images and files.
- Once done, click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom to clear all cached data in Google Chrome.
Read more: Reset iPhone: How to factory reset your Apple iPhone
You can also choose to clear the app cache on your iPhone to free up space and make your iPhone run faster. Interestingly, Apple lets you “unload” them, which means that if you reinstall it in the future, all data will be restored without much hassle. This means you don’t have to restart when you reinstall the app. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap General.
- After that, you need to tap on iPhone Storage. Once done, you’ll see a list of all the apps installed on your iPhone.
- Click the cache of the app you want to clear.
- There you will see an option to offload the app. Press it.
- You will see a pop-up message that the app will be deleted, but it will have data. Tap the offload app again to remove the app from your iPhone.
Thanks for finally reading this article. For more informative and exclusive technology content, like our Facebook page