Electric jet engines, space platforms for micro-satellites, ultra-powered drones and objects moving in those gravitational waves! The second team of Diptech start-ups, June 8, was announced by Blast Incubator, which specializes in supporting upstream projects in aeronautics, space and defense (ASD), with nothing to be envious of in the first promotion of disruptive technology. This maturity program, launched by Starburst Accelerator in partnership with Onara, Ecole Polytechnic and SATT Paris-Sacle, is enough to anticipate the success of the pioneering projects of this program.
Seed fund raising of 2 to 3 million euros
Among the successes of the first broadcast were, in fact, some of the leaders of the French newsspace, such as the creators of the microlancher Venture Orbital System (VOS) and HyPrSpace, as well as the space communications expert Miratlas. In aeronautics, the Beyond Arrow project, dedicated to the development of a hydrogen-powered aircraft, also stands. These young shoots are able to successfully raise seed funds of 2 and 3 million euros.
” The bet is successful 6, Crystal Astrog-Lepine, director of the Blast program, delighted. ” When we set up this support, we wanted to respond to the lack of funding for projects that were too early or even still under research! Our vision is that by identifying groundbreaking technology projects as soon as possible we will be able to bring forward a future champion of ASD – we naturally think of SpaceX – in France. A
Strengthen the network of partners
To identify these projects, Blast relies on its academic partners. This year, 45 applications were submitted to the incubator jury, with only 17 selected. Always one step ahead, Christelle Astorg-Lépine is already planning a third edition of Blast: “ The idea is to strengthen the regional network and make us better acquainted with the SATT. I want our network to expand on a national scale, always with the concept of technology embryo identification, which we will place to meet tomorrow’s market demand. “, He explains.
This year, new partners have made their presence felt in the program: CNES and MDBA 7 ” CNES is always present on newsspace programs, but we wanted to formalize our involvement in Blast this year. Fran ,ois Alter, an adviser to the president of CNES, highlighted the direction of space start-ups. The blasts have also been conducted this year in partnership with the Defense Innovation Agency of the Armed Forces, the Ministry of Space Command and the OVH Cloud Ministry. Cooperation with companies has also increased: representatives from Thales Alenia Space, Safran, Naval Group were present when the second team was announced, and Blast Technologies was closely monitored. ” We have a plan to set up a vertical with saffron in the case of hydrogen aircraft “, Emphasizes the crystal asterg-lepine.
Tools are being put in place to scale up
However, the question of scaling up young diptech shoots with significant capital demand is still problematic. But things are changing fast. In 2021, entrepreneur Charles Begbeder, in collaboration with Starburst, launched a fund dedicated to space start-up Geodesic. Rich at 250 to 300 million euros, the goal is to allow mature technologies to pass the stage of industrialization and become the new French champions.
Blast’s second team
– Erix System, the designer of the most versatile drone technology
– Founded in Arkansas by two engineers-doctors in the field of electronics and telecommunications, it proposes to improve radar processing using artificial intelligence. A technology that can be used specifically for rocket observation.
– Constellation.global: low orbital telecommunications satellite
– DisAItek: Detects invalid landfills using satellite imagery and recognition algorithms.
– Highlights: Hydrogen-powered airships for aerial data recovery.
– Meoss: SaaS solution for providing local carbon sequestration and spatial index of flux.
– Octophan: Carrier, Pilted, Semi-Automatic or Automatic, Hydrogen Powered Modular with Interchangeable Nestles.
– Spaceblocs: The SaaS solution allows users to test prototypes and space systems.
– SpaceCalker: a shared and multi-use satellite platform.
– Sylphaero: Electric jet engine based on plasma production.
– Vericloud: Quantum cyber security solution.
– Windlayer: Drones for carrying heavy loads.
– Xfret: Cargo container for empty passenger seats.
– Jean-Gabriel Esteve and Leah Y. Quan Chin (Matrix Gravity Waves Project): Moving objects by gravitational waves
– Virgil Moudet (Static Engine Project): Static engine to improve the industrial application of thermal renewable energy sources.
– Thomas Delhan (Nemine): Exploitation of space resources, especially rare metals in asteroids near Earth.
Florent Mারller Medoc: Space surveillance service from radar systems and operations support.
Selected For you