Does your child have constipation? Here are our tips (from Grandma) to prevent constipation and fight it effectively. We tell you more.
It is not always easy to see your child suffering from constipation. If already, for an adult, this disorder causes discomfort Mall passIt can be difficult to manage, so for a child 2-3 years old, it’s not a cakewalk.
First of all, there is no need to worry if your child has difficulty passing stool, constipation is one of them Digestive diseases Most common in children. In addition, constipation is often caused by diet, medication or even an event (stress, anxiety, changes in the environment, etc.). To prevent constipation or to treat it effectively, there are some tips to apply on a daily basis. And you will see that these problems will no longer be a cause for concern for you. Keep in mind that constipation in a 2-3 year old child usually lasts a few days. Nevertheless, it is advisable to consult a doctor if the constipation is very severe, painful or lasts too long.
Constipation in 2-3 year olds: How to react and what are the right steps to follow?
If you notice constipation in your child, it is important to define the cause first. If it is due to recently eaten food or medication, it is advisable not to take it or stop treatment. Second, determine the number of saddles. As a reminder, a 2 to 3 year old child defecates about 3 times a week and the consistency should be normal (not too hard or too soft). Finally, it is advisable to consult a physician for appropriate treatment and advice.
- When do we talk about abnormal stools?
That’s what we’re talking about Abnormal stool When it is difficult to move, it causes abdominal pain or other digestive disorders, or if the stool is small, dry or very heavy. Finally, if your child has very little bowel movements during the week, it is advisable to consult an expert such as a general practitioner or pediatrician.
What are the causes of constipation in a 2-3 year old child?
As we mentioned, constipation in a 2 to 3 year old child is mostly due to food. In general, it is advisable to eat moreHigh fiber foods Which facilitates transit and allows you to defecate easily. In this situation, only a few eating habits need to be changed to return to normal. However, constipation can also come from treatment or from very strong emotions, such as stress or anxiety. This is why it is important to determine the cause of the disease at the first sign of constipation.
What medication treatment for constipation a child 2-3 years?
To effectively fight constipation, it is advisable to consult a doctor or pediatrician. It will definitely suggest laxative type medications to suit your child’s age. In general, these are the so-called laxatives Osmotic Which is prescribed for children. They help to soften and moisturize the stool. There are also suppositories such as lubricating laxatives or rectal laxatives to facilitate bowel movements. But be careful, don’t abuse it and respect the number of days recommended by the professional.
Which grandmother’s natural remedy for a constipation 2-3 year old child?
Of course, constipation is limited and there are natural methods to treat it. First, it is recommended to:
- Eat fiber-rich foods To facilitate transit. We are talking about specifically Serial Types: wheat, barley, oats, spelled… but also Vegetables Such as carrots, zucchini, squash or even Fruit Such as oranges, pears, apples or dried fruits: pruning, dates or figs.
- You can Make fresh fruit juice To give to your child.
- At the same time, it is recommended To drink plenty of water (Especially magnesium-rich water that softens the stool).
- Practice a physical activity To stimulate his body and digestive system.
- You can do this too Perform an active massage Relieve pain and facilitate transit. How to do this massage? Just lay your baby on their back and do a circular massage on his abdomen.
- Stress can also cause constipation. So it is recommended Teach your child to make time to go to the toilet And thanks to a toy or a book, for entertaining him at this time.
- Finally, it is important to educate the gut. For this you can Set a schedule to follow Have to defecate every day, when you wake up in the morning or after meals or before going to bed in the evening. The body will become accustomed to it.
How to prevent constipation in children?
To limit your child’s risk of constipation, it is important to take certain steps. For example, bet on fiber-rich foods, limit fatty and sugary products, and teach your child to hydrate regularly. Also some foods should be avoided. We are especially talking about starchy foods like rice or potatoes, white bread but bananas or even chocolate. Of course, it is advisable to eat these foods, but find the right balance between reason and.
Constipation in 2-3 year olds: When should you worry?
Although constipation is not serious, it is important to observe it closely to avoid any complications. The symptoms to look for are:
- Your child complains of abdominal pain
- Exciting stomach
- Anorexia nervosa
If your child has these symptoms, see a specialist immediately. Prevention is better than cure. Isn’t it?
A journalist passionate about the Lifestyle Universe, Ava defies all trends. He is committed to addressing all the issues identified in our daily lives. A travel fan, he works as a freelancer.