These are the days of big hard drives and we rarely see a case where someone is running out of disk space. However, if you feel that your Windows computer is running out of disk space, you should free up and increase your disk space before you may encounter problems with your system. Notify less disk spaceYou may need to consider options to quickly free up disk space.
Free and expand disk space in Windows 11/10
Here are some steps you can take to recover lost disk space in Windows 10:
- Run Disk Cleanup Utility
- Uninstall programs
- Use a trash cleaner for more options
- Disable hibernation
- Compress files you don’t use often
- Delete old files.
1. Run Disk Cleanup Utility
Run Disk Cleanup Utility. Type Disk Cleanup in the Start menu or Start screen and press Enter to display it. Execute. You can also consider additional options by offering it. You can enable an extended version of the Disk Cleanup tool or it can even delete 7-day-old temporary files.. You can use the Disk Cleanup utility to free up extra disk space by deleting all but the most recent system recovery points.
2. Uninstall the program
Uninstall programs that you do not use through the control panel Windows users may want to uninstall Windows Store apps that they don’t use. In Windows 8.1, open Charms> PC Settings> PC & Devices? Disk space. Here you will get an idea about the disk space occupied by each application.
3. Use a trash cleaner for more options
Download and install a good free junk cleaner like CCleaner or use our portable quick cleaner. These are good and secure utilities that will help you delete your junk files in a few clicks.
4. Disable hibernation
Disable hibernation and delete Hyperfill.Method Lawsuit, If the space problem on your system drive is complicated. This is a hidden file in the root directory of your system drive. Open the control panel. Type hibernate in the search bar. Select Enable / Disable Hibernation.
5. Compress files that you do not use often
You may want to consider compressing some files. One option that is not considered by many is the ability to compress your Windows files and folders. Most think that after compression, re-accessing files and data is slow and it takes time to open such compressed files. I invite you to try it. You will see that the time difference disappears. But you will be able to recover a lot of disk space in this way. Note, however, that you should not compress your Windows or Program Files folder using this method.
If you have data files or pictures, Etc. Consider compressing zip formats that you do not frequently access. Also consider moving them to another drive or backing them up externally.
6. Delete old files
If you recently installed a feature upgrade and saved the files, you can restore the disk space by deleting the unwanted backup or .old files.
I do not recommend the following to save disk space:
1. I do not recommend deleting prefetch files. Clean every time Prefetch folder, You delay loading applications, the next time you launch them. This is the second time you find the best application loading time. A single prefetch file Is created by the application. The windows Cleans This folder contains 128 entries, up to 32 most used applications Preloader Documents. This folder does not occupy more than 50 MB ৷ Clean 7 Preloader So in reality self-induced non-optimization can be interpreted as a temporary measure!
2. Log file May need to be uninstalled, and if not found, uninstalling the application may fail. So don’t delete them.
3. You don’t know when you need it Beck Documents. A good reason not to delete them.
4. Inches.DB Documents Thumbnails help to quickly load images and, in any case, recreate them; Unless you must disable thumbnail caching. To turn off thumbnail caching, instead of occasionally deleting them.
5. Also do not consider deleting anything from the WinSXS folder or Windows Installer folder. They System folder Which plays an important role.
6. Do not disable System recovery To save disk space. You never know if it could save your life!
7. Check out this article if you feel the need to free up disk space by deleting system images and previous backups.
8. In Windows 11/10You can delete files and clean your hard drive through settings.
If you need to know what has consumed your disk space, you can use free software like Disk Space Fan. Find out which file or folder is occupying which space.
The Disk Footprint Tool Windows 11/10 / 8.1 will allow you to perform a number of tasks related to disk space usage. You can use it to analyze snapshots, summaries, disk usage, AnonymizeCompare growth over time using the Disk Growth Study and more.