Back-to-school allowance 2022. The “Back-to-School Bonus”, Back-to-School Allowance, has been renewed for the start of the 2022 school year. Amount, payment date, receipt terms … we tell you everything!
[Mis à jour le 12 juillet à 12h29] The summer school holidays began on the evening of July 7, 2022, and the budget for the start of the 2022 school year is already a cause for concern for many families. In the general context of inflation, the back-to-school allowance, ARS, a kind of “back-to-school bonus”, is a welcome incentive. The government has already announced its revaluation of up to 1.8%. The amount was published before the summer began On the service-public.fr website: 376.98 euros for a child aged 6 to 11 years or under but entering CP.
If the FCPE (Federation of Parent-Teacher Councils) calls for a larger increase, the government has not announced any increase other than the school grant, which has been increased by 4%. Asked by France Info in late June, FCPE Secretary-General Eric Labsti called for such a back-to-school bonus increase, a revaluation “related to inflation”, which was deemed “necessary and essential.” According to him, families can expect a tough return to school. Eric Labasti thus warns of an increase of “10% to 40% depending on supply” and “5% to 10% in school catering”.
Faced with this rising price, FCPE also called for advance payments “so that it is reasonable and the purchase is made as soon as possible”. Although there is no official date, strictly speaking, back-to-school allowances usually come to the beneficiaries’ accounts in mid-August. As a reminder, back to school allowance is a social benefit from the Family Allowance Fund (CAF), paid a few weeks before the start of the school year, through examination. So not all families whose children go to school benefit from it and the criteria for benefiting from it are strict because they rely on recorded income. For the 2022 back-to-school allowance, the 2020 net income is taken into account. Here is what you need to know about the ceiling, terms, amount, about 2022 back-to-school allowance.
When is the back-to-school allowance paid? Date 2022
Back-to-school allowance, a kind of back-to-school bonus, is paid by the CAF to the beneficiaries a few days before the start of the school year. Since it is officially set for September 1, 2022, back-to-school allowance payment should be two weeks in advance, probably around August 15. Last year, this back-to-school bonus was given on 17 August in mainland France, on 3 August in Reunion and Mayotte. Where the school year comes before the start.
What is the amount of 2022 back-to-school allowance?
The amount of back-to-school allowance varies according to the age of the child. Three quantities related to the three age brackets are defined by the CAF. Each year, they are subject to revaluation. Here is an approval for the start of the 2022 school year:
- 6 to 10 years old: 376.98 euros.
- 11 to 14 years old: 397.78 euros.
- 15 to 18 years old: 411.56 euros.
For whom is the back-to-school allowance paid? Asset cap
To benefit from back-to-school allowances, family wealth must not exceed a maximum limit. The CAF does not study current year’s income, but dates from two years ago depending on your family situation Until 31 July. This scale will apply in 2022 and is based on your income for 2020:
- For a family with 1 dependent child: 25,370 Euro
- 2 dependent children: 31,225
- 3 dependent children: 37,080 Euro
- Per Extra Dependent Child: 5,852 Euro
What are the conditions for getting back-to-school allowance?
To benefit from the CAF back-to-school allowance, you must meet a certain number of conditions. Linternaute.com summarizes them in three key points:
- Your income should not exceed a ceiling (Read above), determined according to the number of dependent children.
- Yours The child must be between 6 and 18 years of age.
- The child has to do the same To be educated In government or non-government organizations. Forget the back-to-school bonus if you choose homeschooling. However, be aware thatAllowances may be granted when the child follows Courses such as Cned through a remote company. Is your child under 18 and learning? You can touch ARS, provided that its remuneration does not exceed 55% of Smic.
If you do not meet the income requirements for the back-to-school allowance, in other words, if your resources slightly exceed the ceiling set above, the CAF may offer part of the back-to-school bonus. This is called differential back-to-school allowance. Caf may agree to pay back-to-school allowances, provided that the resources are “less than the ceiling of the ARS and the amount of this assistance for the child.”, We said. The house, on the other hand, therefore receives only a fraction of this financial assistance.
How old can a person benefit from a back-to-school allowance? And after 18?
Back-to-school allowance relates to families whose children are 6 to 18 years old “Therefore, for the start of the 2022 school year, the child must be born between September 16, 2004 and December 31, 2016 (included)”, the public service specified on its website. If your child is over 18 and still attends high school, you will not receive a back-to-school allowance. If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to move on to a high school scholarship. The same story if your child is in nursery school: you are not entitled to back-to-school allowance.
In shared custody, can I benefit from a back-to-school bonus?
Your child ages 6 to 18, you meet the conditions mentioned above, but you are separated from your child’s parents? Returning allowance from school cannot be shared between two parents. The first of them is applicable to those cafes, and in full, financial aid is granted for the upcoming school year. Therefore, it is paid for any recipient in mid-August. If there is no joint custody, the start-up bonus is given to the parent with whom the child stays during the week. Other guardians cannot accept help.
Caisse centere de la Mutualité sociale agricole (MSA) ‘s website provides access to a simulator here. You must indicate the amount of your family’s income, as well as the number of dependent children and their respective birth dates. You will then receive an estimate of the amount of your back-to-school allowance.
What are the steps to get back-to-school allowance?
The steps to apply for back-to-school allowance depend on your circumstances and the age of your child. In some cases, you don’t have to take any prior action, the cafe automatically takes care of the payment. Here are the situations that may arise:
- You are a recipient and worthyBack-to-school bonuses are automatically paid for your children ages 6 to 15 from 31 December after the start of the school year.
- You are not the beneficiary of the cafe : Go to the “Online Services” section, then click “Request a Service” and “Return to School Allowance”. You will then need to print out the dedicated form and fill it out at your cafe.
- If your child starts in first grade in September, but is not six years old by 2023, It is necessary to think about retrieving the certificate of education in the school near the institution. You must send it to the CAF to benefit from the back-to-school bonus.
- For 16- to 18-year-olds, Only an affidavit confirms that the child is well educated. “Cafফে will contact you by email or post in July to invite you to take this step,” we explain on the Dedicated Page of the Family Allowance Fund.